Testing malting barley (and other seeds) for a viable germ has never been simpler. This cost-effective solution has been developed in conjunction with end users to meet the need for fast turnaround testing in one space efficient unit.
The thermostatically controlled test vessel maintains 40 ±2°C using negligible power. The thermostat is limited to 50°C so that overheating of the test salts is not possible. One button of the control unit allows temporary energisation of the vacuum pump whilst the other button allows evacuation or venting of the test vessel. Once evacuated, the efficient vacuum seals maintain negative pressure throughout the test.
The vacuum pump is small, very quiet, requires no oil and is virtually maintenance-free. It takes about 5 seconds to achieve its max 25”Hg (850 mbar). It is supplied with sufficient pipe-work and cable to allow under-bench mounting.
- Simultaneous testing of both sample halves.
- At least SIX sample tests with independent start times can be conducted together.
- Process temperature continuously monitored in the test vessel.
- All equipment powered via a single mains input
- Quiet vacuum pump can be sited away from work surface
- A control unit allows simple evacuation of the test vessel to 850 mbar
- Extremely economical and efficient 350 watt heater module, 220/240 AC 50HZ, 1ph
Dimensions, cm: 61 x 61 x 55, Weight, kg: 16Product Code: AG63-920