Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) is a vital test for assessing the quality of water. The COD predicts the oxygen requirement of the water and is used for the monitoring and control of discharges and for assessing treatment plant performance.
The COD System offers a method which is both practical and convenient. The reagents are supplied pre-mixed and pre-dispensed into borosillicate glass test tubes. The test is simply carried out by adding 2ml of sample to the tube, closing the cap and then digesting for two hours at 150°C. The tubes are then cooled and the sample is measured using a photometer.
- Carries out tests quickly and effectively
- Offered in four ranges from 5mg/L to 20,000mg/L
- Allows 24 tubes to be digested at the same time
- Reagents comply and meet international standard methods and requirements
Supplied complete with:
- COD Dry-block heater
- Safety screen
- Test tube rack
- Portable Photometer
- An optional rugged carrying case is available should the system need to be taken to remote areas.