Our commitment to the environment and the world around us
Wagtech Projects Limited firmly believe that businesses should be responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable way.
Wagtech Projects are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and to continually improve our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods.
It is a further priority to encourage our customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all; it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
- Wholly support and comply with, or exceed, the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Minimise our waste and ensure the recycling of as much as possible. Ensuring all waste removed from our sites is done so by licensed waste contractors.
- Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes in order to conserve supplies, and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially those of a non-renewable variety.
- Operate and maintain company vehicles with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical and encourage the use of alternative means of transport where ever possible.
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community.
- As far as possible, purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage this practice to others.
- Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce in advance. Wherever possible, environmentally damaging chemicals will not be used. In the event that, to meet technical specifications, this is not possible, every effort will be used to minimise the quantity.
- Ensure that all employees understand our environmental policy and conform to the high standards at requires.
- Address any complaints about breach of our Environmental Policy promptly and to the satisfaction of all concerned.
- Ensure a regular annual update of the Company’s Environmental Policy, taking due care to consult with staff members and associates.